On Saturday, I came home from work, checking the newest news On Instagram, WhatsApp and Threema, only to find out that I was tagged on Instagram by the lovely Julia to name 10 things that make me happy – you can find me on Instagram HERE for the bit’s & pieces of my everyday life.
Of course I was immediately hooked by the idea and started to type right away. Or so I thought. After jotting down three or four things I stopped, because my knowledge about what makes me happy was already exhausted. How could that be? What is it that makes me truly happy? What seemed to be an easy thing to do, turned out into quite a thinking process for myself. A process I enjoyed a lot and I think I can say I also learned a lot about myself. So yesterday I sat down with a pen and paper, to write down my 10 items. I choose them well, trying only to name things that I know they make me happy each time and that have a meaning to me. To keep them in sight – and not to get lost on Instagram – I wrote them down in my Filofax. Maybe in moments I don’t feel that happy, I can look down at them and remember how blessed I am.
I can only advise you to write down 10 things – on your blog, on Instagram, on a piece of paper or in your journal. Take the time to look at your life and find out what makes you happy. Only the process of figuring them out will bring you much joy. I am sure you will learn a lot about yourself as well. What are the 10 things that make you happy?
1. Waking up next to my bf.
2. Flowers. At home. Outside. As a present. Bought for myself.
3. A home cooked Italian meal by the father of my brother’s girlfriend.
4. A good – and I mean GOOD – cup of coffee.
5. Spending time with my family.
6. These moments when I feel so inspired and full of creative energy.
7. Hosting my friends at home, preparing tasty drinks and yummy food.
8. Finding/buying new stationaries – pen, paper, notebooks…I am all in.
9. Feeling happy makes me happy.
10. Every Single comment on Instagram or here on my blog. They make me happy, make me smile.
Anything you and I have in common? : )