It has been hot. Very hot these last days. And that meant: Getting out the summer gear! As I told you before in this post I am not too big a fan when it comes to my summer wardrobe. But what I do like are summer shoes : )
Last Sunday during this heat period I was mostly at home, pretty much doing nothing other than relaxing and drinking tons of self-made Icetea. With my upcoming vacation in just a little more than a week, I started to think about packing and what essentials I already own or still fancy about. Since I know there will be lots of walking during my travel, I started to think about summer shoes. Just a little bit later I found myself browsing through tons of online stores and fashion blogs. And I came up with my favorites! Not necessarily for my vacation, but in general for this summer. Some of them I already own and some I am still dreaming about. So here they are, my summer shoes!
1. Nothing beats a good pair of espadrilles. The only ones I can wear knowing I won’t get any blister. Just a few weeks back, I stocked up on a gray pair like these ones. Because, let’s be honest, espadrilles don’t hold a lifetime.
3. Another inspiration came from Janina, when she shared her espadrilles outfit in this post last week. Since then a striped pair is high on my list.
4. Birkenstock. A shoe that some hate and others love. For more than 3 years I have had this pair, inspired by my brother and his girlfriend, who has been wearing them for years. You can say everything you want about them, but one thing is a fact: They are super comfy! My opinion about them changes, though. Sometimes I feel super good in them and sometimes they just to feel right.
5. That’s why I thought about investing in a second pair that suits me a little more…maybe this?
6. Or even these black ones?
7. I used to have a real pair of moccasins when I was a little girl. Crafted by native Americans and gifted to me by our neighbors. I loved them! To be honest, I still have them and wish they would fit : ) I always wanted to buy some more fashionable ones growing up. That wish is back now! And I already fell in love with these ones from Marc O’Polo.
9. Last but not least an old time favorite. The classic Timberland. I am not sure if they count as moccasins, but I wanted to add them to my list anyway, since I’ve always wanted to own a pair, but never invested on them. Maybe one day I will.
So tell me, what are your favorite shoes for summer? And which ones are high on your wish list?
Now the only question for me is: Which ones should I pack?!