It was one of those days this morning. Waking up around 5.30h because there was a certain human need to be satisfied. I heard it the rain and this amazing calm, happy feeling spread through my body. I knew it was one of those rainy days that was best to spend at home. Luckily my schedule was clear and, with my thesis coming to an end, I could allow myself to stay at home. I am glad I did since I was full of ideas, happy to work at home on my blog, go grocery shopping, prepare a surprise for a loved one, take lots of pictures, cook tasty food and take a long nap in the afternoon. I love sunny days and they instantly brighten up my mood, but every once in a while a rainy day at home is just the best.
So here are my quick tips for rainy days at home – maybe they are actually more ideas/inspiration then real tips:
- Start the day with a cup of hot coffee and a warm bowl of oatmeal, cuddled up on the couch, watching the rain crackle at the windows. Maybe you even want to bake some pancakes?
- Light candles…makes the atmosphere just perfect.
- If you were busy the last days, how about investing an hour to clean up your flat, so you can enjoy your day off in a nice surrounding.
- And now it’s up to your gusto – What is it you want to do? I love cuddling up on the couch, read my daily blog feed, catch up on some YouTube videos, get inspired on Pinterest, write down my ideas….
- Take a hot shower.
- Make a pot of your favorite tea.
- Turn on your favorite music and dance around in your flat – one of my favorite songs is linked at the end.
- Read a good book, a magazine (uhhh the new flow is coming out in 6 days! You don’t know it? Check out this post).
- Write in your journal.
- Dream away while sipping on your tea.
- Catch up on your favorite series.
- Invite a friend to catch up.
- Bake some cookies, cake, apple crumble…
- Enjoy an espresso after lunch, or maybe two, or even three?
- Take an afternoon nap.
What do you think about rainy ideas? How do like to spend them? And what music would you listen too on such a day?